East Florida Educational Services’ professionals adhere to the highest standards in the conduct of our programs and services. We adhere to the National Tutoring Association’s Code of Ethics
- We understand that our role is to enable
students to do their own work using the best learning approach possible.
- We will provide honest feedback in the form of
positive praise and/or constructive suggestions to the student we serve in a
manner that will be beneficial to their overall learning.
- We will demonstrate faith in our student's
- We understand that our relationship to the
student is professional and not personal.
- We will show respect for our student's cultural
background and personal value system.
- We recognize that we may not have all the
answers to student questions. In this event, we will seek assistance in finding
answers to the student's questions and/or direct the student to an appropriate
resource for the information.
- We will maintain accurate records of tutoring
sessions as expected and required.
- We will respect our student's personal dignity
at all times.
- We will be on time for tutoring appointments,
not only out of courtesy, but to be a good example for our student to follow.
- We understand that our ultimate goal is to
assist our students in discovering how he or she best learns and to help our
student develop the skills to achieve his or her best educational outcome.
- We will share any concerns we have with parents,
- We will determine the student's learning style
and teach to that style.
- We will keep current in both our subject area(s)
and learning methodologies.
- We will remain flexible to our approach to
student learning, respectful of the various learning styles and preferences.
- We will share techniques for improved study
skills with our students.
- We will maintain the safety and confidentially
of students enrolled in our tutoring program.